RSS

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

United States: Knight

This vintage card was sent by Misty from Ravenna, OH:



The Vigil - From the painting by John Pettie, R.A., in the Tate Gallery. The newly created Knight is kneeling before the altar of S. John's Chapel in the Tower of London, keeping his vigil preparatory to a life of Knight-errantry. His armor, dedicated to the service of chivalry, lies before him. 
This is a card I immediately liked, not in the least because my husband likes knights and stuff. I really like history and historical cards, so this was definitely up my alley.

I couldn't find out too much about this painting, other than it was painted by John Pettie (as the card info told me) and that he painted it in 1884. So I'm really glad for the description on the back that told me what was depicted. Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment